Avondale Wrongful Death Attorney
Families should never have to say goodbye to a loved one too soon. Unfortunately, far too many individuals lose their lives as a result of the careless or negligent actions of others. At Gerber Injury Law, our Avondale wrongful death attorneys are here to help families in need. We have the resources necessary to conduct complete investigations into complex wrongful death cases throughout Arizona, and we will not stop until our clients receive the closure and compensation they deserve.
Why Choose Gerber Injury Law for Your Claim?
- The team at Gerber Injury Law has been helping families recover compensation throughout Arizona for more than two decades.
- We provide a client-focused approach to every case that we take, which means we take the time to listen to your family’s goals and needs as we move forward with your claim.
- We take Avondale wrongful death claims on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will not have to pay any legal fees until after we recover the closure and compensation they need.
How Will an Attorney Help an Avondale Wrongful Death Claim?
Wrongful death claims are often incredibly complicated, and family members are often left going up against well-funded insurance carriers and at-fault parties. However, a skilled Avondale wrongful death attorney can step in and handle every aspect of these claims on behalf of surviving family members. This will include:
- Fully investigating the incident in order to determine liability
- Ensuring the case is evaluated by trusted financial and economic experts who can help calculate a family’s total expected losses
- Vigorously negotiating with aggressive insurance carriers and at-fault parties to recover fair compensation for their client
Understanding Avondale Personal Injury Laws
When we examine the wrongful death statute in this state, we can see that only certain individuals are allowed to file a lawsuit in civil court (Arizona Revised Statutes § 12-611 (2021)). According to the law, the following people can file these claims in Arizona:
- The surviving spouse of the deceased
- Any surviving children of the deceased
- A surviving parent or guardian of the deceased
- The deceased’s personal representative or executor on behalf of a surviving spouse, parent, child, or the estate
It is crucial to understand that there is a time limit involved with these cases. The Arizona wrongful death time limit, or statute of limitations, is two years from the date an injury occurs. If a claim is not filed within this two-year timeframe, the court will refuse to hear the case, meaning family members will be unable to recover the closure and compensation they are entitled to.
Call an Avondale Wrongful Death Attorney Today
If you have lost a loved one as a result of the careless or negligent actions of another individual in the Avondale, Arizona area, contact the attorneys at Gerber Injury Law for help as soon as possible. We have a track record of success helping families throughout Arizona recover closure and compensation for their losses. We will not hesitate to stand up to aggressive insurance carriers or at-fault parties to make sure you are made as whole as possible.
When you need an Avondale wrongful death attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at (602) 900-9286.
“Thank you, Ken, for the great work you did on my personal injury case! … You’re a real pro and I was proud to have you representing me!”- Meadlowlark Lemon • Harlem Globetrotter - Sun City, AZ
“Mr. Gerber and his staff were very helpful after my accident, taking all the stress and worries off my hands and really doing a great job!”- V.C. - El Mirage, AZ
“Words don’t begin to express my appreciation for the excellent way Gerber Injury Law handled my injury case.”- A.R. - Sun City, AZ
“Due to Ken Gerber’s efficient and effective legal representation, a settlement was reached within 6 weeks.”- J.G.