25+ YEARS EXPERIENCE • 99% SUCCESS RATE • $100+ MILLION RECOVERED
Avondale Practice Areas
After insurance company failed to pay $10k in policy limits for injuries caused by a motor vehicle accident.
For bicyclist hit by car.
Avondale Boat Accident Lawyers
Boat outings are a fun way to enjoy the outdoors in Avondale; however, as with any other mode of transport, accidents can happen. With nearly 12 million registered recreational vessels in the U.S., boating accidents often leave victims with severe injuries, from traumatic brain injuries to amputations.
When someone else’s inexperience or drunken boating leads to an accident, they can be held responsible for your injuries and other losses. Remember, such reckless actions increase the risk of boat accidents significantly.
If you were injured in a watercraft accident in Avondale caused by someone else’s negligence, the lawyers at Gerber Injury Law are here to help you every step of the way. We treat our clients like family, and we’ll help you navigate this difficult situation.
How Do Boat Accidents Happen?
There are several reasons why boat accidents happen. At Gerber Injury Law we are experienced in handling catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases that happen in Avondale recreational waters. Fortunately for boating accident victims, Arizona has laws protecting them after they suffer harm and losses that would have otherwise been prevented.
If you believe another party’s wrongdoing or negligence caused your boat accident, you may have a potential personal injury case. Negligence in boat accidents can take many forms, including:
- Excessive speeding
- Operator inexperience
- Negligent boat maintenance
- Overloaded boats
- Failure to obey boating laws in Arizona
- Mechanical failure
- Operator inattention
- Improper lookout
- Drunk boating
In Arizona, operating a boat with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08 is considered intoxicated boating. If the operator involved in your accident was drunk during the accident, you might have an injury claim against them.
Boat accidents, regardless of how they occur, are extremely dangerous. This doesn’t only apply to traditional boats, as houseboats, which continue to gain popularity in Arizona, are just as risky. In fact, you just might be asleep or distracted in your “home” when tragedy strikes.
At Gerber Injury Law, our personal injury lawyers can investigate the wreck to determine cause and liability.
What Should I Do After a Boat Accident in Avondale?
If you are involved in a boat accident, here are some steps you can take to minimize your injuries, protect your rights, and support your future personal injury claim:
- Get to land or get water safety devices like life jackets and arm floaties to ensure your safety.
- Determine if you or anyone else requires medical attention.
- Call 911 or local law enforcement in Avondale and report the boat accident. Make a distress call or use visual distress signals to call for help, if necessary.
- Gather the contact information of all parties involved and any witnesses. This step only applies if you aren’t in immediate danger. Take photos of the scene as well as any visible injuries, and note down what happened before you forget any crucial details.
- File a police report once law enforcement arrives at the scene. This invaluable piece of evidence can help establish negligence and strengthen your personal injury case.
- Contact an attorney who is experienced in handling and winning personal injury cases. That’s the boat accident lawyers at Gerber Injury Law. We offer a complimentary consultation, working hard to earn the trust and respect of our clients.
Who Can Be Held Liable for a Boating Accident?
Negligence — the basis for most personal injury claims — occurs when one party owes another party a duty of care and fails to exercise that duty, harming that party. Negligent parties in Avondale boat wrecks can be held responsible for injuries or wrongful deaths. In these kinds of cases, multiple parties may be liable for a single injury claim.
Depending on the circumstances of your boat accident, potential parties that may share blame may include:
- Boat operator
- Boat owner
- Third-party operator or owner who hits your boat
- Other third parties whose negligence contributed to the accident, including reckless passengers
- Dock owner
- Boat manufacturer
- Boat rental company
Finding the liable party after an accident may not be as straightforward as it seems. Boating laws, multiple potentially liable parties, and the likelihood of evidence disappearing are some of the issues that may complicate your case. Our experienced Avondale boat accident lawyers can help you avoid any pitfalls when building a strong case.
How Can a Boat Accident Lawyer in Avondale Help?
If you are worried about being able to afford a personal injury attorney, rest assured that Gerber Injury Law operates on a contingency fee basis. This means that our lawyers will not charge you anything out of your pocket for their legal services. Our consultations are free and confidential, and if we take your case, we will regularly update you on the progress every step of the way.
The lawyers at Gerber Injury Law have extensive knowledge of boating laws and boat wreck claims in Arizona. We are dedicated to providing top-notch legal guidance to all our clients who sustain injuries and losses in Avondale boat wrecks. Gerber Injury Law has an experienced legal team to gather evidence and witness statements to build a solid injury claim. We have your best interests at heart and will work diligently to help you get your life back to normal.
Here’s what our boat accident lawyers will do in your case:
- Investigate your accident to determine what happened.
- Gather necessary evidence to support your personal injury case
- Handle all legal filings and paperwork.
- Represent you in court, if necessary.
Don’t try to make headway through Arizona’s legal system on your own. Let Gerber Injury Law be your guide. We can make a significant difference in your case.
Injured in a Boat Accident? Call Gerber Injury Law Today.
If you have been injured in a boat collision, you’ll need to look into your legal options. At Gerber Injury Law, our lawyers have over 25 years of combined experience and have recovered over $100 million for our clients. We know the ins and outs of boating laws and will guide you through this difficult time.
Call 623-200-4330 or fill out our contact form to get started.
Contact the attorneys at Gerber Injury Law for a free case review. Send us an online message or call (602) 900-9286 24/7 to schedule your initial consultation in Arizona.
25+ YEARS EXPERIENCE • 99% SUCCESS RATE • $100+ MILLION RECOVERED