Losing somebody that you love is incredibly challenging, particularly if a loved one’s life was lost as a result of the careless or negligent actions of someone else. Surviving family members may be able to recover compensation in these situations, but they need help. At Gerber Injury Law, our team is here to help if you need a Glendale wrongful death attorney by your side. We have the resources necessary to handle every aspect of these complicated claims. We offer compassionate legal assistance to those struggling with the loss of their loved ones, and we stand by their side every step of the way.
Why Choose Gerber Injury Law for Your Wrongful Death Claim?
- At Gerber Injury Law, we have successfully helped clients recover justice and compensation for their losses for more than two decades.
- Clients throughout Arizona trust us to handle their most complex cases, including wrongful death claims, where it is vital that responsible parties be held accountable for their actions.
- We take Glendale wrongful death claims on a contingency fee basis. This means that families will not have to pay any legal fees until we recover a successful settlement or verdict on their behalf.
How Will a Glendale Wrongful Death Lawyer Help Your Case?
Families who have lost a loved one need help from a compassionate attorney with extensive experience handling these claims. Wrongful death laws in Arizona are immensely complex, and this is something that grieving family members are not ready to handle on their own. A lawyer will:
- Conduct a complete investigation into the incident to determine liability
- Make sure that the wrongful death claim is filed properly and on time in civil court
- Work with trusted economic and financial experts to properly calculate a family’s total expected losses
- Engage in conversations and negotiations with insurance carriers and at-fault parties
- Prepare the wrongful death claim for trial if necessary to ensure family members are treated fairly
Wrongful Deaths Claims: Who Can File and When?
When we examine this state’s wrongful death laws, we can see that a wrongful death claim can be brought to court if the deceased individual would have been able to file a personal injury lawsuit based on the incident had they survived (Arizona Revised Statutes § 12-611 (2021).
According to state law, the following individuals are allowed to file wrongful death lawsuits in civil court:
- The deceased’s surviving spouse
- Any surviving children of the deceased
- Any surviving guardian or parent of the deceased
- The personal representative of the deceased’s estate on behalf of the surviving spouse, children, parent, or the estate if none of those individuals survived the deceased
It is crucial for family members and personal representatives to file these claims as promptly as possible. The Arizona wrongful death statute of limitations is two years from the date of death. Failing to file a claim within this timeframe will likely result in the family or estate being unable to recover the compensation and closure they are entitled to.
Contact a Glendale Wrongful Death Lawyer Today
If you have lost to somebody that you love due to the negligent actions of another individual in or around the Glendale, Arizona, area, reach out to the team at Gerber Injury Law for help as soon as possible. Our compassionate and experienced attorneys will investigate your case in order to determine liability. We want to make sure that your family is treated fairly every step of the way and that you recover the closure and compensation you are entitled to.
When you need a Glendale wrongful death attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at (623) 486-8300.