25+ YEARS EXPERIENCE • 99% SUCCESS RATE • $100+ MILLION RECOVERED
After insurance company failed to pay $10k in policy limits for injuries caused by a motor vehicle accident.
For bicyclist hit by car.
Peoria Truck Accident Attorney
Accidents involving large commercial trucks often result in devastating injuries for residents in and around the Peoria area. Unfortunately, truck companies and their insurance carriers usually push back from having to pay compensation to crash victims. At Gerber Injury Law, we are here to help if you need a Peoria truck accident attorney by your side. We have extensive experience handling complex vehicle and truck accident claims throughout the state of Arizona, and we know what it takes to recover full compensation for your losses.
Why Choose Gerber Injury Law for a Peoria Truck Accident Claim?
- At Gerber Injury Law, we make it our point to focus exclusively on the goals and needs of every client that comes through our door. We treat clients like we treat family.
- We have recovered more than $100 million in settlements and jury verdicts since 2001, and our most recent victories showcase the results we achieve through aggressive litigation.
- We handle Peoria truck accident claims on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients do not have to worry about paying legal fees until after we recover the compensation they need.
How Will an Attorney Help a Truck Accident Case in Peoria?
Almost as soon as a truck accident occurs, victims in these cases will face roadblocks from insurance carriers and the trucking companies involved. However, when a skilled Peoria truck accident lawyer takes the case, they will level the playing field with their resources.
An attorney will conduct a full investigation into the incident in order to determine liability. This will include gathering:
- Photo and video surveillance from the scene
- Eyewitness statements
- The police report
- Truck company maintenance and inspection records
- The driver’s safety history
An attorney will also ensure that their client is evaluated by trusted medical and economic experts who can put together an analysis showing the total expected losses to present to insurance carriers or a personal injury jury.
Truck Accident Liability – Who Is At-Fault
Data available from the Arizona Department of Transportation shows us that there were thousands of accidents involving tractor-trailers, semi-trucks, or some other type of commercial truck during the latest reporting year across the state.
Determining liability for these incidents can be tricky, but fault often falls to the truck driver or the truck company. A truck driver can be held responsible for a crash if their actions directly contribute to the incident. Some of these actions include:
- Operating while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Operating while fatigued
- Failing to follow hours of service requirements set forth by the FMCSA
- Allowing the truck to be overloaded
- Failing to inspect the truck before each trip
- Operating the truck too fast for conditions
In general, we will find that the trucking carrier will be held liable for the actions of a driver after an accident occurs. However, the trucking company could also be held directly liable if their actions contributed to the crash. This can include a trucking company:
- Failing to regularly inspect and maintain each vehicle
- Failing to implement proper hiring practices or background checks on drivers
- Failing to train drivers to operate each type of vehicle
- Encouraging drivers to overload the vehicle or operate beyond the allowable hours of service
Call a Peoria Truck Accident Attorney Today
If you or somebody you care about has sustained an injury or experienced property damage due to the actions of a truck driver or trucking company, the team at Gerber Injury Law is standing by to help. We have extensive experience handling complex truck accident claims, and we know what it takes to fully investigate these incidents so our clients can recover maximum compensation. This includes coverage of their medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering damages, and more.
When you need a Peoria truck accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at (602) 900-9286.