25+ YEARS EXPERIENCE • 99% SUCCESS RATE • $100+ MILLION RECOVERED
Phoenix Practice Areas
- ATV/Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyer
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Boat Accident Lawyer
- Bus Accident Lawyer
- Car Accident Attorney
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
- Construction Site Accident Lawyer
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Golf Cart Accident Lawyer
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Premises Liability Lawyer
- Truck Accident Lawyer
- Product Liability Lawyer
- Wrongful Death Attorney
After insurance company failed to pay $10k in policy limits for injuries caused by a motor vehicle accident.
For bicyclist hit by car.
Phoenix Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
What Is Considered a Catastrophic Injury?
These types of injuries are determined by their level of severity and the possibility of permanent damage. When an injury is very severe or causes permanent damage such as paralysis or scarring, it is considered to be a catastrophic injury.
Personal injury accidents are never easy to handle or resolve. Hardly anyone is willing to admit liability and offer full coverage. However, things can get even more complicated and serious in the event of a catastrophic injury. Treatment for such injuries usually costs significantly more, which could cause an injured person to be financially ruined without representation from a lawyer.
If your injuries after an accident in Phoenix, Arizona are catastrophic, contact the attorneys at Gerber Injury Law for a free and confidential consultation. We understand the gravity of these cases and how much your family may have to lose. We work around the clock to prevent insurance companies from taking advantage of injured clients.
Discuss your case in detail with our catastrophic injury attorneys in Phoenix, Peoria, Mesa, Scottsdale, Avondale or Surprise today. Call (602) 900-9286 or contact us online.
Why Clients Choose Attorney Ken Gerber
- We go the extra mile. Our lawyers are passionate and dedicated to their crafts. We always make the extra effort to care for clients and fight for the best results possible.
- We have real results. The settlements and trial verdicts we have obtained for past clients totals more than $100 million. Ken Gerber has years of trial experience to help his clients recover.
- We have experience. Our catastrophic injury attorneys accept cases involving many accident types, including car crashes, slip and falls, work accidents, and premises accidents.
The Importance of Using a Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Arizona
An attorney can be an important asset to you during any type of injury claim in Arizona. If you have catastrophic injuries that severely impact your life, however, it is even more critical to protect yourself with an experienced lawyer.
Insurance companies often try to downplay victims’ injuries, even when they are catastrophic. They may offer lowball settlements to try to save money. With an injury that costs you thousands of dollars in medical bills or that will affect you for life, you cannot afford to settle for less than you require.
Hire a lawyer to fight for maximum compensation on your behalf. During insurance settlement negotiations or a personal injury lawsuit, your lawyer will aggressively argue for the best possible monetary recovery for you and your family. An attorney will not resolve your claim for less than it is worth.
Examples of Catastrophic Injuries
A catastrophic injury is one that has severe short-term, long-term or both types of impacts on an individual’s life. An accident survivor with a catastrophic injury may have to be out of work for days, weeks or months following the event.
In the worst cases, a survivor may never be able to return to his or her previous job. Catastrophic injuries can have serious effects on a person mentally, physically and/or emotionally.
Examples of catastrophic injuries include:
- Broken bones, which prevent the injured person from using the affected part of the body for a time, or even permanently.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) such as concussions are also catastrophic because they can cause permanent brain damage or a coma if severe enough.
- Some accidents involving fire, gases, electricity, or hot surfaces can result in severe burn injuries, which can result in scarring and permanent tissue damage and/or loss of feeling.
- Other accidents can cause damage to the neck and back, causing spinal cord injuries.
Such injuries can cause numbness and loss of motor function below the area of injury, either temporarily or permanently. All of these kinds of injuries cause lasting damage, so make sure to learn what you could do to get compensation by consulting with a knowledgeable Phoenix personal injury attorney immediately.
Do You Have Grounds for a Catastrophic Injury Claim?
Someone else may owe you financial compensation for causing your catastrophic injuries (or a loved one’s death) if that person reasonably should have prevented the accident. Personal injury claims in Arizona center on the legal doctrine of negligence.
Negligence is a failure to fulfill one’s duties of care. An example of negligence is a driver breaking Arizona’s cellphone laws by texting and driving. If that driver caused a catastrophic car accident, he or she would be liable for damages.
If someone else’s negligence, recklessness or intentional misconduct caused your catastrophic injuries, that person or party may owe you money damages to make you whole again. Note, however, that not all injury claims require proof of the defendant’s negligence.
Some cases, such as strict product liability claims, do not include the proof of negligence element. A lawyer from Gerber Injury Law can guide you through the elements specific to your injury claim. If you do need to prove negligence, we can help you with this task.
What Are Catastrophic Injury Claims Worth?
Claim value can be significant when the case involves a catastrophic or life-changing personal injury. In general, the more the injury impacted your life, the more your personal injury claim will be worth. Although each case is unique, the average plaintiff in Arizona could recover certain types of damages for a catastrophic injury.
These can include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Disability accommodations
- Lost wages
- Lost capacity to earn
- Lost quality of life
- Physical pain
- Emotional suffering
- And out-of-pocket costs
Getting the Legal Assistance You Deserve
If you have suffered a catastrophic injury because of another person, call Gerber Injury Law today. A Phoenix personal injury attorney from our firm will have the extensive experience necessary to provide you with the best possible chance of winning maximum compensation. We have more than 20 years of experience in personal injury law and are fully capable of taking your case to court should it be necessary.
No one should pay for injuries caused by an accident that was not their fault. Contact our office today to find out more about what our Phoenix catastrophic injury lawyer can do on your behalf.