25+ YEARS EXPERIENCE • 99% SUCCESS RATE • $100+ MILLION RECOVERED
Phoenix Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Medical malpractice is more common than you might think. In the Phoenix area, medical malpractice ranks as the third leading cause of death. New physicians recite a pledge known as the Hippocratic Oath, swearing they will do everything in their power to save lives and treat patients in an ethical manner. Patients place their trust in physicians to provide proper health care treatment and to do so in the pursuit of improving a patient’s health under these guidelines.
So, when a patient suffers illness or injury as a direct result of a doctor or other medical professional’s carelessness, ignorance, or intended action, they may be unsure of what action to take. Consulting with a Phoenix injury lawyer immediately could give them the guidance they need.
If you or someone you love is the victim of medical malpractice, contact Gerber Injury Law for a free consultation with an experienced medical malpractice attorney in Arizona. Attorney Ken Gerber may be able to help you obtain justice and a fair compensation.
Why Hire Us?
- We do not stop at the settlement phase if we believe our clients deserve more. Our law firm can take medical malpractice claims to trial in Arizona, if necessary.
- We have more than 22 years of experience helping injured people in the community. Ken Gerber and his associates are passionate about what they do and always go the extra mile for clients.
- We obtain the results our clients need. Our medical malpractice lawyers know how devastating malpractice in the medical field can be and work hard for maximum results. We have recovered more than $100 million for clients since 2001.
How Can a Medical Malpractice Lawyer Help?
When a medical professional makes an error or mistake, those who suffer the consequences can seek legal reparations through the civil justice system. It is not always easy, however, to obtain the recovery you need from a physician or health care center in Arizona. Hospitals and doctors typically have insurance companies that are trained in denying, delaying and diminishing clients’ claims. Going up against an insurance company in Arizona may take assistance from a medical malpractice lawyer.
A lawyer can take over your claim while you focus on healing. Your lawyer can investigate your case, search for signs of malpractice, gather available evidence, build a claim against the correct defendant and go up against insurance companies on your behalf. A lawyer will know exactly how to negotiate with insurance providers for a fair recovery. If a settlement does not work out and the insurer will not be reasonable, your lawyer can file a medical malpractice lawsuit for you instead.
What Is the Definition of Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice describes the negligent act or omission of a professional in the health care field, often resulting in harm to a patient. It is medical malpractice any time a health care or medical professional, such as a doctor or nurse, breaches his or her duties of care to a patient. Failing to fulfill the accepted standards of care in the medical industry can also describe medical negligence. The difference is whether the physician knew the act or omission could cause harm to the patient but did it anyway. If the physician did know before the medical procedure, it was medical malpractice. If the physician did not mean to breach a duty of care but carelessly did so anyway, it was medical negligence. Both could give an injured patient grounds to file a claim.
Types of Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice can cause personal injury in a number of ways. A doctor could prescribe a dangerous drug that causes injury, poisoning, or addiction. A surgeon could be careless in his practice and cause further damage to the patient on whom he is operating. A nurse could neglect an elderly person in a home and commit nursing home abuse. Each of these and many more forms of medical malpractice cases deserve to be brought to light, and victims of such malpractice deserve compensation.
- Medication errors
- Birth injuries
- Misdiagnoses/failures to diagnose
- Surgical mistakes
- Anesthesia errors
- Failures to treat
- Lack of informed consent
- Lack of communication
- Unsanitary tools or premises
To learn how a knowledgeable attorney could build your case and win the payout you need to cover the cost of your injuries, call Gerber Injury Law. We handle many types of medical malpractice claims and can meet with you at our local law office location. Our Phoenix medical malpractice lawyers have the resources, skill and experience to navigate your unique claim, no matter what type of medical malpractice it involves. Call us today to schedule your free initial case consultation.
Arizona Medical Malpractice Laws
Another reason it is important to hire an attorney to represent you during a medical malpractice case in Arizona is the state’s complicated related laws. Medical malpractice claims come with some of the most complex civil statutes. One misstep in filing or negotiating your claim could lead to the courts barring you from financial recovery. With a lawyer from Gerber Injury Law handling your case, you can rest assured we will check every box in the filing process. We understand Arizona’s medical malpractice laws inside and out.
- Statute of limitations. Act quickly if you believe you have a medical malpractice claim. Arizona’s statute of limitations gives you just two years from the date the cause of action accrues to bring a claim. If you miss this deadline, the courts will most likely prevent you from recovering.
- Required medical expert affidavit. Arizona requires a legal document signed by an appropriate medical expert (someone in the field your case involves) stating he or she believes you have grounds for a tort claim.
- No cap on damages. Many states cap, or limit, the amount of compensation a victim can receive for medical malpractice to help prevent bankrupting hospitals. Arizona, however, does not have any caps on damages. Limiting a victim’s recovery is unconstitutional in Arizona.
These are just three of the many laws your medical malpractice case might involve in Arizona. Others are comparative negligence, joint and several liability, and wrongful death laws. Ken Gerber and his associates can explain the laws relevant to your case, so you have a better understanding of what is to come. Then, we can handle the claims process on your behalf while you spend your time and energy healing from your injuries.
Medical malpractice in Arizona can cause many serious types of patient injuries. Some of the most common are infections, bedsores, nerve damage, spinal cord injuries, internal bleeding, brain damage, emotional injuries and wrongful death. A severe or catastrophic injury that will affect the victim drastically will generally be worth more than a minor injury. The categories of damages available, however, remain the same.
- Related medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
- Lost wages
- Legal fees
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Punitive damages
The at-fault party may owe you significant compensation for the economic and noneconomic damages you suffered. You could bring a medical malpractice claim against a primary care provider, specialist, x-ray technician, surgeon, anesthesiologist, nurse, dentist, physical therapist, pharmacist, physician’s assistant, hospital or another health care entity. Our lawyers can help you identify the correct defendant and file a claim for the full value of your damages in Arizona.
Contact a Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near You Today
Medical malpractice is a difficult area of personal injury law. It can be much easier to navigate your case if you hire a lawyer from Gerber Injury Law to represent your interests. We can take over your case and keep you informed every step of the way.
If you need answers for yourself or a loved one to questions such as whether you have a claim and how much it could be worth, contact the Phoenix medical malpractice attorneys at Gerber Injury Law. We provide free case reviews. Send us an online message or call (623) 486-8300 24/7 to schedule your initial consultation in Arizona.
Request Your Free Consultation
If you or a loved one has been injured, don’t hesitate – contact our attorneys today!
After insurance company failed to pay $10k in policy limits for injuries caused by a motor vehicle accident.
For bicyclist hit by car.
Phoenix Practice Areas
- Personal Injury Lawyer
- ATV Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyer
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Boat Accident Lawyer
- Bus Accident Lawyer
- Car Accident Lawyer
- DUI Accident Lawyer
- Rear-End Accident Lawyer
- Rideshare Accident Lawyer
- Self-Driving Vehicle Accident Lawyer
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
- Construction Site Accident Lawyer
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Golf Cart Accident Lawyer
- Medical Malpractice Attorney
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Premises Liability Lawyer
- Product Liability Lawyer
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Truck Accident Lawyer
- Wrongful Death Attorney
- Arizona Car Accident Laws
- How Common Are Car Accidents?
- Common Car Accident Injuries
- Most Common Causes of Car Accidents
- Types of Car Accidents
- Car Accident Settlement Amounts