25+ YEARS EXPERIENCE • 99% SUCCESS RATE • $100+ MILLION RECOVERED
Phoenix Practice Areas
After insurance company failed to pay $10k in policy limits for injuries caused by a motor vehicle accident.
For bicyclist hit by car.
Phoenix Rear-End Accident Lawyer
Rear-end accidents are one of the most common collision types. They can happen when a driver is not paying attention to the road or is following too closely.
Most people imagine minor fender benders, but rear-end collisions can be disastrous for victims. Even a low-speed accident could cause an injury such as whiplash. A higher-speed collision could cause catastrophic injuries.
If you or a loved one has been in a rear-end car accident in Phoenix, Arizona, contact Gerber Injury Law to speak with an attorney for free.
Why Choose Attorney Ken Gerber?
- He has been helping car accident victims since 2001. He and his team have the experience to handle any type of claim, including complicated liability disputes.
- He and his associates have recovered more than $100 million in results for past clients, including a $500,000 award for a teacher with a neck injury from a motor vehicle accident.
- He gets personal in his commitment to clients. Ken provides one-on-one care to each client who comes to him for assistance. Our lawyers adjust their strategies to suit each person’s needs.
How Do Rear-End Accidents Happen?
One of the key aspects of your rear-end accident claim will be proving fault. Arizona is a fault state, meaning you will need to establish the other driver’s fault before you can receive financial compensation from that person’s insurer. Most rear-end collisions come down to the fault of the rear driver.
It is the rear driver’s responsibility to keep a proper lookout and maintain a safe following distance. In most cases, a rear driver’s negligent failure to brake on time causes this type of accident. Common causes include distracted driving, texting and driving, eating or drinking while driving, speeding, aggressive driving, unsafe lane changes, and tailgating.
In other cases, however, the lead driver could be at fault for a rear-end collision. If you crashed your car into the back of someone else’s vehicle, do not assume fault for the accident. The lead driver could be to blame if he or she had bad brake lights, brake-checked you intentionally or cut you off when making a lane change.
Talk to the Phoenix car accident attorneys at Gerber Injury Law about fault before assuming you are liable. Our lawyers can investigate your rear-end collision and search for evidence of fault.
Common Rear-End Accident Injuries
Once you or your lawyer determines fault, you can build a claim against the correct person in pursuit of damages. An insurance claim or injury lawsuit could pay for economic and noneconomic damages related to your injuries.
This can include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and property repairs. Rear-end accidents in Arizona lead to many hospitalizations for serious injuries each year. The most common involve the head, neck and back.
- Whiplash. Whiplash is a soft-tissue injury of the neck that occurs when a crash whips the victim’s head rapidly backward and forward. It can cause pain, stiffness, trouble moving and headaches.
- Head trauma. If the victim’s head strikes an object inside the vehicle upon impact, such as the steering wheel, he or she could suffer a concussion or another traumatic brain injury. Head trauma can also include skull fractures.
- Bone fractures. Different bones could break if the crash propels the victim’s body into elements inside the vehicle. Common fractures in rear-end accidents are to the skull, clavicle, ribcage, arms, hands, knees and lower extremities.
These are just three examples of dozens of injuries that could occur in a rear-end collision. High-speed rear-end accidents could cause catastrophic and life-threatening injuries, including spinal cord injuries and paralysis.
You and your family may have thousands of dollars in medical costs after a rear-end collision. Filing an injury claim could be the only way to recover these damages.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation in Arizona
Discuss your recent rear-end accident, as well as your injuries and the value of your claim, with the attorneys at Gerber Injury Law today. We care about clients and crash survivors in the Phoenix community. We also accept cases in Surprise, Mesa, Avondale and Scottsdale.
Contact us online or call (602) 900-9286 today. Initial consultations are free.