Large commercial trucks in Arizona are generally safe, but that does not mean that accidents will not occur at all. Crashes involving large trucks do happen in and around the Goodyear area, and they can leave victims with significant injuries and major property damage. At Gerber Injury Law, we are here to help if you need a Goodyear truck accident attorney by your side. Our team has the resources necessary to fully investigate these claims and stand up to aggressive trucking companies and their insurance carriers.
Why Choose Gerber Injury Law for Your Truck Accident Case?
- At Gerber Injury Law, our team has extensive experience handling complex vehicle accident claims throughout Arizona, and we understand what it takes to stand up to aggressive trucking companies.
- Attorney Gerber previously worked as a prosecutor, including years of exclusively handling personal injury claims that had to be brought to trial.
- We handle Goodyear truck accident claims on a contingency fee basis, meaning clients will not have to pay a single dime until after we recover the compensation they need.
How Will a Lawyer Help a Truck Accident Claim in Goodyear?
Unfortunately, truck accident victims are often left going up against well-funded insurance carriers and companies when trying to recover the compensation they need. However, a skilled truck accident attorney in Goodyear will help level the playing field. An attorney can:
- Fully investigate the incident to recover the evidence needed to prove liability.
- Make sure their client is evaluated by a trusted medical professional who can treat the injuries.
- Enlist assistance from economic experts to help calculate total expected losses.
- Vigorously negotiate with aggressive insurance carriers to recover full compensation on behalf of their client.
Who Can Be Held Responsible for a Truck Accident?
Determining liability for a truck accident can be challenging. All too often, we discover that these incidents are caused by the careless or negligent actions of the truck driver or trucking company.
Truck drivers can be held liable if they:
- Operate these vehicles too fast for conditions
- Drive while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Operate while distracted by phones or other devices
- Fail to properly inspect the truck before each trip
- Allow the truck to be overloaded or improperly loaded
- Do not abide by the federal hours of service requirements
- Disregard traffic safety laws
Trucking carriers can often hold direct responsibility for crashes as well. Some of the main ways that truck carriers could be held liable include the following:
- Failing to regularly inspect and maintain each vehicle
- Encouraging the overloading of cargo
- Encouraging drivers to disregard hours of safety requirements
- Failing to ensure that drivers are properly trained and licensed
Data provided by the Arizona Department of Transportation indicates that there were thousands of accidents involving larger commercial trucks across the state during the latest reporting year. Unfortunately, these incidents regularly resulted in significant injuries for those involved, and even multiple fatalities.
Contact a Goodyear Truck Accident Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in an accident caused by a truck driver or truck carrier in the Goodyear, Arizona, area, reach out to the team at Gerber Injury Law as soon as possible. We have extensive experience handling complex vehicle accident claims, and we know what it takes to stand up to aggressive trucking companies in these situations.
Let us help you recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, property damage expenses, and more. When you need a Goodyear truck accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at (623) 486-8300.