25+ YEARS EXPERIENCE • 99% SUCCESS RATE • $100+ MILLION RECOVERED
If you have lost somebody that you love as a result of the negligent or careless actions of another individual or entity in the Surprise area of Arizona, you should not have to go through this alone. At Gerber Injury Law, our team is here to help you in your time of need. We have extensive experience handling complex wrongful death claims, and we know what it takes to help families recover the closure and compensation they are entitled to. Contact our Surprise wrongful death attorneys for help with your case today.
- At Gerber Injury Law, we offer compassionate and experienced assistance to family members who have lost loved ones as a result of the negligence of others.
- We are trial attorneys, and we focus all of our attention on making sure that families receive the justice and closure they are entitled to.
- We handle Surprise wrongful death claims on a contingency fee basis, which means that families will not have to worry about paying any legal fees to our firm until we secure the compensation they need.
How Will an Attorney Help a Wrongful Death Claim in Surprise?
Family members and the estate of a person who has lost their life should not try to handle these claims on their own. The reality is that at-fault parties will employ assistance from well-funded legal teams to defend themselves against having to pay out compensation in these situations.
When you have a wrongful death attorney in Surprise working on your behalf, you will have an ally with the resources necessary to stand up to the other parties involved. This will include using all the processes necessary to recover evidence needed to prove liability. An attorney will also liaise with trusted economic and financial experts who can properly place a value on the family and estate’s total expected losses.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim in Arizona?
Arizona law specifies that only certain individuals are allowed to file wrongful death claims in civil court (Arizona Revised Statutes § 12-611 (2021)). In this state, the following individuals can file these claims:
- The spouse of the deceased
- The surviving children of the deceased
- A surviving parent or guardian of the deceased
- The personal representative or executor of the estate on behalf of a surviving spouse, child, or parent, if none of those individuals survived the deceased
It is crucial to understand that there is a limited amount of time to file these claims in court. The wrongful death statute of limitations in Arizona is two years from the date of death. If a family or the estate fails to file a lawsuit within this time frame, they will likely lose the ability to recover compensation for any of their losses.
What Damages Do Wrongful Death Settlements Cover?
In most cases, surviving family who file a wrongful death claim on behalf of their loved one can expect to receive compensation for any of the following (depending on the details of their case):
- Funeral/burial expenses
- Lost financial support including future earnings
- Final medical bills related to the accident prior to their death
- Emotional damages including: loss of guidance, companionship, and support
We know that no amount of compensation can help offset the pain of losing your loved one. But by holding the guilty party accountable for their actions you can not only obtain justice on behalf of your loved one, but also help fight to ensure that no one else loses their life to the same negligent party.
Call a Surprise Wrongful Death Attorney Today
If you have lost a loved one as a result of the negligent actions of another individual in Surprise, Arizona, reach out to the team at Gerber Injury Law for help as soon as possible. We have the resources necessary to handle every aspect of your claim, and we want to make sure that you recover the justice and compensation your family is entitled to.
What Our Clients Say
"Thank you, Ken, for the great work you did on my personal injury case! … You’re a real pro and I was proud to have you representing me!"Meadlowlark Lemon • Harlem Globetrotter
"Mr. Gerber and his staff were very helpful after my accident, taking all the stress and worries off my hands and really doing a great job!"V.C.
"Words don’t begin to express my appreciation for the excellent way Gerber Injury Law handled my injury case."A.R.