The Personal Injury Law Firm
Where Everybody Knows Your Name

Request Your Free Consultation

If you or a loved one has been injured, don’t hesitate – contact our attorneys today!

Recent Articles

Remote Control Helicopters Recalled Due to Fire Hazard

If you were thinking of purchasing a remote control helicopter for your son for his birthday, then you may want to re-think that idea. Recently, the Consumer Product Safety Commission recalled some of these helicopters because they had fire and burn hazards.

The specific helicopters that were targeted in this recall were made by the Midwest Trading Group. According to reports, all consumers should stop using the product unless they are otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or to sell a recalled product, so all helicopters by this manufacturer will be pulled off of the shelves and those that purchased one will most likely need to be reimbursed.

The remote-controlled Banshee 3 Channel Helicopters are the ones that have a specific targeted risk at present. According to the CPSC, the toys have a rechargeable battery inside the helicopter which tends to overheat because of the manufacturing of the item. As a result, the overheated battery can burst into flames, setting the helicopter on fire.

In these situations, those who are nearby are at risk to a fire and burn hazard. The company is requesting the return of all Banshee 3 helicopters and says that all consumers will receive a full refund. There were about 9,400 of these unites sold within the United States. So far, the company has received one report of a helicopter overheating and bursting into flames. They have also received one report of minor property damage.

Thankfully, no injuries have been reported as of late. The units were manufactured in china, and cannot be repaired. If you have been injured or burned by a product, then chances are that you can seek product liability. Talk to a West Valley personal injury attorney near you today for more information about potential burn hazards with products and how you can seek a settlement when wronged.