Phoenix Self-Driving Vehicle Accident Lawyer
Self-driving vehicles represent the peak of automotive technology. Despite modern technological advancements, however, manufacturers still cannot ensure the safety of automated vehicles. Self-driving cars have already been involved in multiple collisions, including some that took lives. The first pedestrian death involving a self-driving car happened right here in Arizona.
If you are the victim of an accident in Phoenix involving self-driving vehicle technology, please contact Gerber Injury Law for a free consultation. We can help you seek justice.
What Sets Us Apart?
- We use 100% of our law firm’s energy on personal injury law. We are a full-service law firm that exclusively handles personal injury and motor vehicle accident claims.
- We have more than 22 years of experience representing clients during car accident claims. We keep up with all the latest changes in car accident law, including self-driving vehicles.
- We have extensive trial experience. If an insurance company does not treat you fairly, we can go to trial in pursuit of maximum recovery. We have obtained more than $100 million for our clients.
Who Is Liable for Your Self-Driving Vehicle Accident?
Self-driving vehicle accidents have unique factors in terms of determining liability. Unlike most cases, which generally involve two drivers, a self-driving vehicle collision involves a driver against a machine. Determining whether it was the self-driving technology, the human supervisor, the manufacturing company, or another party who caused the crash may take a thorough investigation from our lawyers in Phoenix.
- The vehicle maker. The company in charge of designing and producing the vehicle could be liable if it made an error that led to the accident. If defective software glitched and failed to detect a hazard, for example, the vehicle manufacturer could be at fault for a related accident.
- The driver. Most self-driving cars still require some input or supervision from a human operator. When conditions are too dangerous for automated technology, for example, the human should take over. Human error behind the wheel of a self-driving car could lead to that person’s liability for a crash.
- A third party. Several third parties could also bear fault for a self-driving car accident in Arizona. Examples include the City of Phoenix for a road defect, a construction company for a dangerous work zone, or a self-driving technology company for a software malfunction.
Determining fault is necessary before you can proceed with a car accident claim in Arizona. It is a fault-based insurance state, meaning the insurance company of the at-fault party will have to pay for victims’ damages. After a collision with a self-driving vehicle, do not admit fault. Call the police for an investigation. Then, contact Gerber Injury Law for a discussion with an attorney about what to do next.
What Can a Self-Driving Car Accident Lawyer Do for You?
Contacting an attorney from Gerber Injury Law could give you resources to match those you will have to face from the defendant’s side of the case. Rather than going up against a major insurance corporation alone, your lawyer will be there to represent your interests. Our attorneys will stand by your side every step of the way, through all the tasks you will need to complete for a successful injury claim.
We can guide you through a claim from the initial crash investigation to reaching a resolution. Our Phoenix auto accident lawyers are licensed to practice in every court in the State of Arizona. If your case needs to go to trial, we are prepared. We will work hard to obtain fair compensation for all your losses, including property damages, medical expenses, lost income, and non-economic damages. Start by requesting a free consultation with us after a driverless car accident.
Contact the Attorneys at Gerber Injury Law Today
Autonomous vehicles might be the mode of transportation of the future, but they are causing serious personal injuries in the here and now. Automation technology, from driver assistance to full automation, can pose serious health and safety threats to everyone on the road.
If a self-driving vehicle collided into you in Phoenix or the surrounding areas, contact us to speak to a personal injury lawyer. Someone may owe you financial compensation.
“Thank you, Ken, for the great work you did on my personal injury case! … You’re a real pro and I was proud to have you representing me!”- Meadlowlark Lemon • Harlem Globetrotter - Sun City, AZ
“Mr. Gerber and his staff were very helpful after my accident, taking all the stress and worries off my hands and really doing a great job!”- V.C. - El Mirage, AZ
“Words don’t begin to express my appreciation for the excellent way Gerber Injury Law handled my injury case.”- A.R. - Sun City, AZ
“Due to Ken Gerber’s efficient and effective legal representation, a settlement was reached within 6 weeks.”- J.G.